A super immune boosting recipe from Nikki Minor, herbalist & creator of (chicory.) zine. Read her full interview here, where we talk to her about the power of plants for self-sufficiency, self-care, and liberation.
- Raw garlic
- Raw apple cider vinegar
Pickled Garlic Recipe
- Peel several heads of garlic. Let cloves sit for 10 minutes.
- Place garlic in a clean glass jar.
- Cover garlic completely with raw organic apple cider vinegar. Place a piece of parchment or wax paper between the jar and lid to prevent rusting. Close the jar tightly.
- Label and date jar.
- Let the mixture infuse in a warm place for 1 week to 1 month. Shake gently daily.
- Once opened, place inside the fridge.
- Your garlic might turn blue. Don’t worry, it’s normal!
- Use leftover brine for salad dressing, marinades or to season food.
- Eat 3-4 of cloves per day whenever you start feeling sick. Take it with a spoonful of honey if eating it alone is too intense.
- For sore throats mix 1 tablespoon of the brine in 1 cup of warm water. Gargle and spit out.