These days we are all learning to live differently. The amounts of resources and supports cropping up during this time are inspiring, but they are also overwhelming.
I hope this brief guide provides you with some relief and start a conversation about what else I can continue to offer you. How else can I support you? Email me at email@example.com or DM me on our Instagram.
Free Online Movement
- NOLA COVID-19 Mutual Aid list - a Google Doc of free or fair-cost online wellness led by people of color, womxn, and queer folk.
Ashley Neese - free breathwork support groups starting March 19 at 9:30am. Sign up on her website.
- The Ohm Well - free New Orleans-based free meditation on Tuesday & Thursdays at 10:15am via Instagram
- Maryam Ajayi - energy healer and breath worker offering donation-based virtual breath work classes.
- Wellspring New Orleans - I am currently offering virtual breathwork via Zoom on a sliding scale/pay what you can basis. Contact me online.
Dance, Cardio, Barre
- Barre3 - online barre workouts | 15 day free trial, 10% off props
- The Be.Come Project - body-neutral, approachable fitness | 10 days free, currently matching donations and accepting applications for a month of free movement
- Bear Coaches - free virtual dance parties (social disdancing!) every Wednesday and Saturday
- The Class by Taryn Toomey - live virtual classes daily featuring dynamic breath, movement, and affirmation | 14-day free trial
- Daily Dystopia Dance Party - New Orleans-based dance party every day at noon via Zoom! Meeting ID: 709 792 1340. When you arrive make sure your mute is off and your video is turned on.
- Dance Church - an inclusive, all levels, stay at home dance party.
- Dancing Grounds - free New Orleans-based daily dance classes via Instagram, including Contemporary, Bounce ‘N Line, Gyrokinesis
- Hip Shake Fitness - hundreds of workouts, including Burlesque Burn, Tone N Twerk, Afrovibe, Bollywood | 30-day free trial
- The 504th - New Orleans-based run crew offering free virtual group runs via Instagram
- Crescent City Classic - a 10k gone virtual happening in New Orleans. From March 21 - April 11th, runners can finish the race, submit their time, and see their results. Website includes local course suggestions.
- November Project - free daily workouts happen live at 5:15 and 6am or via the Instagram feed to do any time
- YouthRunNOLA - offering virtual training schedules and running community
- Jessamyn Stanley - body positive yoga leader offering free classes, tips, and insight via YouTube
- Jill Tatarski - New Orleans-based yoga teacher offering gentle and restorative yoga via Zoom.
- Magnolia Yoga Studio - New Orleans-based studio offering free daily yoga classes via Instagram, including the 26-2 (Bikram) series and vinyasa
- Project Peaceful Warriors - free meditation & mindful movement via Instagram, plus roundups of New Orleans movement offerings via Instagram
- Tyler St. Jean - New Orleans-based yoga teacher offering virtual classes via Zoom and pre-recorded videos via YouTube.
- We Are Yoga Ed - free yoga and mindfulness resources for kids and their parents via Instagram
- YogaWorks Live - live daily yoga classes from local YogaWorks studios across the country | 14-day free trial